Today is National Tequila Day, so I’m sharing my favorite recipe for the best low carb watermelon margarita. Best of all, it’s super fast and easy to make.
-a margarita glass
-coarse salt (I like Morton Coarse Kosher Salt) (optional)
-a citrus juicer (optional)
– 1/2 cup fresh watermelon juice (the juice at the bottom of a pre-cut watermelon pack is perfect, juiced watermelon chunks works well, or this)
-1/4 cup tequila (I love Casamigos and Patron)
1. Pour the coarse salt into a small mound on a plate, then use the bottom of the glass to clear a circle in the middle and create a ring the size of the margarita glass.
3. If you like ice, add it and then pour a little less than half a cup of the watermelon juice into the glass.
4. Cut the other lime in half as well, and make one thin slice down the middle of one and set aside. Using a citrus squeezer (or your hands), squeeze the juice from all four halves into the glass. If you like it less sour, use less lime (duh) but I personally think 2 whole limes is best.
5. Add the tequila to taste. Garnish with the lime slice.